Job Title: Veterinarian
Humane Society of Sheboygan County is searching for a highly motivated, experienced Shelter Veterinarian to provide on-site medical care and spay/neuter services to our shelter animals.
Humane Society of Sheboygan County (HSSC) is a 501(c) 3 organization providing shelter and medical care for over 2,500 animals each year. HSSC intakes animals from Sheboygan County, overpopulated facilities, and hoarding/neglect cases. It provides a low-cost spay/neuter program to the public and a TNR program.
We are looking for a skilled veterinarian who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The veterinarian would also help maintain a shelter of 100-150 animals. Candidates must be comfortable with pediatric spay/neuter, in heat spays, feral cat spay/neuter, large dog surgeries, as well as other medical procedures. HSSC houses small animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and birds so experience with small animals is preferred.
- Examine and treat animals upon intake
- Perform spay/neuter surgeries
- Collect blood/urine for diagnostic testing
- Communicating medical plans and follow up for shelter animals
- Determining contagious diseases protocol
- Performing occasional euthanasia; keeping thorough medical records
- Providing input on medical protocols
- Keep medical expenses within budgetary guidelines by maintaining effective and efficient medical processes
Candidates must possess a DVM degree and be licensed to practice in the State of Wisconsin. Candidates must also hold a valid Wisconsin Controlled Substance and DEA license. Candidates must be a team player with extraordinary communication and problem-solving skills and have a passion for homeless animals as well as people. Candidates must be open to a flexible schedule. Shelter medicine experience preferred.
Individuals meeting the needs and qualifications of the job descriptions should email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com